Tuesday, September 21, 2010

The aftermath. . .

It is SUCH a quiet morning at our house.  We've been doing renos to the basement in preparation for my first statue class, which took place last night.  We've had plumbers, electricians, drywallers, flooring guys in and out over the last two weeks.  Along with that was our local fall fair weekend.  This is a time for family!  We had a full house for three days including two of our three daughters and their families, our son and his family, our daughter in law's two sisters and our brother and sister in law.  I love the business, the noise, the laughter. . . but I also love the quiet that follows those busy times in our life.

I taught my first statue class last night and thought it went very well.  I need to work on the timing a bit but the statues that were made turned out beautifully.  It was a very social evening as well as creative and everyone seemed to enjoy the process.  Today will be spent hauling "stuff" from my craft room upstairs down to my new workspace.  I can't wait to get it all organized.  I may even use that new labeller that my oh-so-organized daughter talked me into buying:)

Our dog has been lonely the last couple of days.  With the pouring rain and the house full of company he's been a bit left out.  It is one of those beautiful, crisp fall days so I'll probably pop him in the back of the truck and take him for a long walk along the river where he'll get a chance to have a real run.  Soooooooo nice having this early morning to myself and to plan a very relaxing day.  Can't say enough about what a great decision it was for me to work half time this year and take on some new pursuits while recharging my batteries.  Hope your day is as wonderful as mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment